YouTube is the most popular source of video content in the world. There are many audio tracks by various artists. If you want to update your library with copyright-free music from YouTube, read our article.
There are many ways to download music from YouTube. In this case, each of them differs in its interface features, additional features, or operating system on which the correct operation of the program is available. We have compiled a list of the best ways to download music from YouTube in one publication. Read on and download your favorite tracks to your smartphone or computer in just a couple of clicks.
What’s important to remember?
Like videos, music on YouTube is copyrighted. Content has legal owners, and they won’t be happy about direct downloads, which are essentially piracy. We also don’t recommend breaking the rules and doing this.
Possible uses for the download methods described below include downloading audio files that are freely licensed under Creative Commons CC0 (Public Domain) and CC BY (Attribution), as well as your own music previously published on YouTube.
How to download music from YouTube using online services
The easiest way to download your desired video or audio files to your computer is to use online converters.
Converto lets you download music from YouTube directly by pasting the link to your video into Converto and clicking Convert. If you want, you can trim the track, fix the tags and choose your file name and artwork.
If you add conv after www to the URL of the video, the song is downloaded directly from the YouTube page.
Source URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch…
URL with “conv”: https://www.convyoutube.com/watch…
9Convert is a website that makes it easy to download videos from YouTube to desktops and mobile devices including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iPhone.
The 9Convert service works just as easily. Paste the link to the video, select the bitrate and click “Download”.
9Convert makes it easy to convert and upload videos from YouTube. You can upload videos from YouTube in MP4, MP3 and 3GP formats. It supports video resolution up to 1080p, which enables you to upload crisp videos. You can choose the file format by clicking the drop-down menu.
Since 9Convert is a web-based tool, the steps to upload videos from YouTube are the same on all those platforms.
To download a YouTube video to your desktop:
- Сopy its URL.
- Now, open 9convert, paste the video link in the box, and click “Start”.
- Finally, select the video quality and click “Download” to download the video.
This converter allows you to download music from videos in two ways.
- Paste the keywords or YouTube link in the search box.
- Select the MP3 or video format you want to convert/download the file in and press “Download” button.
- Wait until the conversion is completed and the file is downloaded. That’s quick and easy.
Or just add “pp” between youtube and .com to the URL of the desired video.
Source URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch…
URL with “pp”: https://www.youtubepp.com/watch…
Convert YouTube videos to MP3 files whether you use Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, or iPhone speed and easy. No need to register an account before downloading. Converted files are easy to upload to Dropbox and Google Drive.
YouTubNow will analyze your video link and offer to download it in MP3 format almost instantly.
It also supports downloading an audio file directly from a YouTube page. To do this, just add mz after youtube in the address bar.
Source URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch…
URL with “mz”: https://www.youtubemz.com/watch….
The most minimalistic converter that lets you download music from YouTube in just one click. All you have to do is add a link to the video, wait a couple of seconds and click “Upload file”. No settings required, audio is downloaded in original quality.
Another service that works well today is mp3y.download.
Here’s what we do:
- Open YouTube video we like and copy the link in your browser address bar
- Open mp3y.download and paste copied address from the clipboard into the special field labeled “Paste URL link of the video here…” and press Download.
- After processing the file, a window will appear with a button to start uploading the file with the size of the file indicated on it.
After clicking this button a new window opens with an advertisement, which you can close if you are not interested. If the file download has not started, press the start button again.
Specify where we want to save our audio file.
There is a limit to the file size. The final file size must be less than 200 MB.
This is a handy tool to download mp3 from Youtube. It allows you to perform high-quality conversion from Youtube to mp3, and download music from Youtube at high speed. Moreover, X2Download.com enables you to download Youtube videos and convert Youtube videos to MP4, WEBM, 3GP, M4A very fast.
How does it work?
- Put the URL of your YouTube track in the search box.
- Select your desired mp3 quality and click “Get Link”.
- Wait a few seconds while Youtube conversion to MP3 is finished and click “Download”.
You can download an unlimited amount of music for free. You can download music on iPhone and Android
How to download music from YouTube with this browser extension
YouTube Video Downloader
There’s also a good way to download videos and music from YouTube using the YouTube Video Downloader browser extension. Works for Chrome, Opera, Edge, Vivaldi.
This plugin is not available in extension shops and can be installed from the official site. YouTube Video Downloader adds a download button to the YouTube player and allows you to download the audio track in one click.
To install, select your browser, click the download button and install the extension, giving the necessary permissions.
Are there any restrictions on conversions or downloads?
There are no restrictions on conversions and downloads. You can convert any number of files of unlimited length.
How much time does each YouTube to mp3 conversion take?
The time of each download and conversion of YouTube to mp3, depends on the duration of each video and selected audio quality.
How to download music from YouTube with computer software
MediaHuman YouTube to MP3
This mediacombine with a lot of settings allows you to download whole playlists. The application can automatically download files via a clipboard link, and supports multithreaded downloads, renaming, and tag editing templates, as well as automation scripts.
It works on the well-known principle that you need a link to the track to download.
Step by step:
- Find the track on YouTube and copy the link to the clipboard.
- Paste the link
- Launch the converter, if you haven’t done so already, and click the Paste Link button on the toolbar. Within seconds your video will be downloaded and appears in the list. If you want to change the tags or artwork, click the appropriate box.
- Start uploading
- All you need to do now is click Download and the download starts. If the list contains more than one video, you can click Download All on the toolbar.
Wait a little while (of course, it depends on the number of selected videos and the speed of your Internet connection) and start enjoying your updated music collection. The downloaded files are available right from the program – just click the Find button next to the selected video. By default, the program saves files in MP3, but also supports M4A/AAC and OGG. You can change the format in the settings dialog box.
4K YouTube to MP3
4K YouTube to MP3 is a simple service for downloading music from YouTube. Thanks to automatic recognition of the links on the clipboard the download is very fast. You can set the quality, format and other important parameters for the received tracks.
In order to download:
- Launch 4K Video Downloader. The application is available for macOS, Windows, Linux, and Android users.
- Copy the link to the YouTube video you want to download in audio format.
- Click the Paste link button in the 4K Video Downloader.
- Choose the format and quality. Tip: The M4A format is best suited for Apple devices. OGG produces smaller files that are equivalent or of higher quality than other audio formats. MP3 is the most popular format and is supported by almost all audio players and devices.
- Press the Extract button to start downloading.
- Move your cursor over the downloaded audio in the application list. Press the Show in a folder or Play in context menu buttons.
Restriction in the free version – you can’t download a playlist containing more than 25 songs.
With ClipGrab you can not only download but also find music on YouTube right in the application window. All you need to do to download music is click “Download video” – the link copied to the clipboard is recognized and processed by the application.
ClipGrab can download videos from: YouTube, Clipfish, Collegehumor, Dailymotion, MyVideo, MySpass, Sevenload, Tudou, Vimeo.
The resulting video can be converted to one of the following formats: WMV, MPEG4, OGG Theora, MP3 (audio only), OGG Vorbis (audio only).
FLVTO YouTube Downloader
Freeware application for Windows. Converts videos into a variety of formats: MP3, AVI, MP4, WMA, FLV, MOV, WMV, WMA. You can download entire playlists, as well as add tracks to iTunes.
You can install a free app for Windows. Or download a plugin for Chrome.
How to download music from YouTube using Android apps
If you’re using an Android device and you’re looking for a solution to download music from a YouTube link, here’s the information you need. There are several clever and free music download tools you can try.
It’s important to remember that Google prohibits you from downloading the audio as well as video from YouTube. Therefore, download tools are not available in the Chrome extension shop or on Google Play. All Android apps will have to be installed via APK files. To protect your smartphone from viruses and other threats, get the installation files only from developer sites or trusted repositories.
Here are tested links to the most popular apps:
- YouTube Downloader for Android
All applications work on the same principle, which is already familiar to us from extensions and desktop programs. To download, you need to copy the link, and then select the desired audio format and recording quality. The files are saved either in smartphone memory or in the gallery of the app itself.
Consider step by step on the example of Snaptube.
How to download music by URL with Snaptube?
Step 1: Install Snaptube on your phone
If you don’t have an app installed for downloading music from a link, go to the official website and download the APK.
Step 2: Send the link in the address bar to Snaptube
If you want to download music by URL, just go to any website of your choice to find your favorite songs. Now copy its URL from the address bar, go to Snaptube and send the link.
You can also enter keywords in the Snaptube search option to see supported platforms.
Step 3: Upload your music from your link
Once you find a video or audio file, simply upload it to the Snaptube media player. To save it, you can click on the download icon and select MP3 as your preferred format to save the media file.
There you go! Now, you can use the app whenever you want to download music from a link for free.
How to download music from YouTube using the iOS app
On Apple’s mobile platform, downloader apps are also banned.
You’ll hardly find such programs in the AppStore. The only program that more or less gets the job done is SnapTube. But once a song has been uploaded, it cannot be dumped to another device. At most, you can play this track offline on your phone.
The way out is online services. If you have iOS 13 or a newer version of the software, you can use any of the services from the first section by opening them in Safari.
If your device runs on iOS 12 or earlier, which doesn’t support file downloads, you should use the free Documents app instead of Safari. It has a built-in browser with a downloader, where you can open any of the online services from the first section and download music.
How to download YouTube music playlists to your iPhone, iPod and iPad on Windows
The 4K YouTube to MP3 service can easily handle this task.
Download and run 4K YouTube to MP3.
- Launch 4K YouTube to MP3 Converter and click Tools> Settings.
- Set M4A as the preferred format, select the quality.
- open YouTube, find the music playlists you want to download.
- Copy the link to the YouTube playlist from the browser bar.
- Click Paste link in 4K YouTube to MP3.
- Wait until the playlist is downloaded to your computer.
- Launch iTunes, click the iPhone/iPad/iPod button next to the top left corner of the iTunes window.
- Tap File Sharing, select the Apple Music app from the list and tap Add.
- Select the files from the downloaded YouTube playlist, then tap Add to transfer them.
Modern audio processing technology makes it possible to quickly download youtube music in mp3 format to your device. The developers make sure you’ll be able to download the best songs from Youtube in just a few seconds.
We hope you were able to find a convenient service to help you download your favorite music. Share this article with your friends, so everyone can find a convenient way to download your favorite tracks.
But remember about copyrights! So, if you can, subscribe to a streaming service that collects all the albums of your favorite artist.